Monday, October 3, 2022

Heroes Presentation Assigned

Heroes Presentation 2022

On Oct. 26 (Per. 3, 4) & Nov. 6 (Per 3), you will give a presentation about a person you admire. You will not say the person's name, and students in the class will try to guess who it is.

By Oct. 12 (next week), you must submit a paragraph about your famous person. An example is below. The form for writing is at the bottom of this page.


Your final paragraph will look like this!



I was born in 1940 in Liverpool, England. I was a singer, songwriter, guitar player, pianist, writer, artist, actor and peace activist. I was a member of the most famous rock band in the world, the Beatles. I wrote many famous songs, including "Help!" and "Strawberry Fields." As a solo artist, I wrote the famous song, "Imagine." I was married to a Japanese woman named Yoko Ono. I had two sons. I was killed by a fan in 1980 in New York when I was 40 years old. Who am I?


John Lennon


To prepare, you need to answer the questions in the boxes as in the sample below.  You need to research. Be sure to spell all English words and names correctly. No katakana words! Don't just imagine the spelling; look it up!

Research notes:





After you research, you need to write a paragraph based on the notes from your handout. Your paragraph will look something like the paragraph above highlighted in yellow. Notice the use of the simple past tense.

A few rules ...
  • Sentences must be your own words! Do not copy sentences from Wikipedia or other sites! 
  • Use "I", not 'he' or 'she'. You will speak as if you are the famous person.
  • Write good information and many details; research!
  • Your sentences must include information you didn’t already know!
  • Use correct English spelling of names! (Be careful of katakana spelling.)
  • Write the answer at the end.
  • Send your writing to Kevin using the form link below (scroll down).

Don't send the Research Notes! Type a paragraph (like the John Lennon sample highlighted in yellow above)!

Send your writing to Kevin with these forms!
Writing is due next week! (Oct. 12)

No comments:

Post a Comment